Published: 2020-07-06 11:52:32 +0000
Bulgogi recipes tend to use crushed pear juice to help tenderise the meat, but using coca-cola works too (and it's probably easier to get).
Marinade the meat overnight for best flavour.
Variations on this are fairly easy, you can stir some chopped pepper (as pictured) into the pan, reduce the punch a little by substituting the spring onion for chopped spinach etc.
Either way, you end up with tasty tender steak strips, which go well with rice. To make it even better, serve some Oi Muchim on the side.
Prep: 20 mins
Cooking: 10 mins
Total: 30 mins
- 600g beef steak (sliced) - pref Sirloin or Rib Eye
- 2 tablespoons white cooking wine
- 250ml coca-cola or pear juice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 120ml soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onion
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Put the beef in a bowl
- Pour in the cooking wine, coca-cola (or pear juice) and black pepper
- Stir and then allow to marinate for 30 mins
- Stir in the soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, garlic, spring onion and sesame seeds
- Marinate in the fridge overnight (or for min 2hrs)
- Heat a griddle to medium-high (or heat a barbecue and then lay foil over the grill)
- Remove the beef from the marinade and cook until evenly brown - somewhere 3-5 mins per side
- Serve over rice
korean, asian, beef,