Great as either a side or part of the main course
Prep: 10 mins
Cooking: 30 mins
Total: 40 mins
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 8 small red potatoes cut into 1/4 inch “coins”
- 60ml water or broth
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon (two inches) grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of garam masala
- 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tomato, diced (or can of diced tomatoes drained)
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat and add two tablespoons of olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the potatoes and a pinch of salt. Toss the potatoes to coat them in the oil.
- Cook the potatoes covered until soft. Add a tablespoon or two of the water or broth if the pan gets dry. This will take 10-15 minutes.
- Add the onions, another pinch of salt, ginger, and garlic and saute until the onions soften, 5-7 minutes.
- Add the spices and the tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes become warm and give off a little liquid.
Vegetables, Vegetarian, Vegan, Curry,