Published: 2019-05-22 11:55:25 +0000
Everyone loves chocolate brownies...
Prep: 20 mins
Cooking: 30 mins
Total: 50 mins
- 175g unsalted butter
- 3 medium eggs
- 250g caster sugar
- 75g plain flour
- 40g Dark Cocoa Powder
- 175g Dark Chocolate
- 50g chopped walnut (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C (gas mark 4).
- Grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm square cake tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until they are thick and creamy, pour across the chocolate mixture and fold in.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa and fold in the nuts.
- Pour into the prepared tin, making sure it goes right into the corners and bake for 25-30 minutes. The top should be crusty with a slight wobble underneath.
- Cool completely in the tin (can refrigerate overnight for easier cutting).
brownies, chocolate, cake,